For the purpose of this Policy, “personal information” means information that can identify an individual directly or through other reasonably available means. “Personal information” does not include information that is used for the purpose of communicating or facilitating communication with an individual in relation to their employment, business, or profession. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the meaning of “personal information” shall be interpreted in a manner that conforms with the minimum requirements of applicable privacy legislation.
1. SCOPE AND PURPOSES
This Policy applies to personal information processed by us on the websites https://www.trymusicflow.com/ and https://www.app.trymusicflow.com/, the services offered via these websites, and our related online and offline offerings. To make this Policy easier to read, our websites, our services offered via the websites, and our related offerings are collectively called “Services”.
We identify the purposes for collecting personal information at or before the time it is collected. We will not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your informed consent, unless required or permitted to do so by law.
At MusicFlow, we collect and use personal information so we can:
a) provide, maintain, and improve our Services, which includes using the information to verify your identity, process payments, allocate resources, and otherwise run and manage our business in the ordinary course;
b) provide information to our employees, contractors, and affiliates to allow them to perform Services on our behalf, including the provision of personal information to service providers engaged by us;
c) send you newsletters or other marketing communications to which you have subscribed or may be interested in;
d) comply generally with privacy laws and all other applicable regulatory requirements;
e) understand the demographics, interests, usage patterns, and other characteristics of users and track and analyze trends and patterns, including through the aggregation of personal information;
f) administer surveys, contests, draws, and raffles;
g) offer you tailored content, including advertisements and promotions; and
h) assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to direct your questions to appropriate individuals, investigate and address any of your concerns, and to improve and monitor our customer support responses.
We may also use your personal information for purposes that are otherwise consistent with the terms of this Policy or that are permitted or required by law, and for purposes for which you have otherwise provided consent.
2. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may revise this Policy from time to time at our sole discretion. If there are any material changes to this Policy, we will notify you and require you to accept them before you can continue to use the Services.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The categories of personal information we collect depend on how you interact with us, our Services, and the requirements of applicable law. We may collect information that you provide to us directly; information we obtain automatically when you use our Services; and information from other sources such as third-party services and organizations, as described below.
a) We may collect the following personal information that you provide to us directly:
- We may collect your contact information when you create an account, such as your name and email address.
- We may collect payment information and details associated with your purchases. In some cases, you may need to provide us with additional information to verify your identity before completing a transaction. Any payments made via our Services are processed by third-party payment processors. We do not directly collect or store any payment card information entered through our Services, but we may receive information associated with your payment card information (e.g., your billing details).
- We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
- We may collect personal information you provide for any sweepstakes or contests that we offer.
b) We may collect the following personal information automatically when you use our Services:
- We may collect certain information automatically, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, browser or device information, location information (including approximate location derived from IP address), and Internet service provider.
- We may automatically collect information regarding your use of our Services, such as pages that you visited before, during and after using our Services, information about the links you clicked, the types of content you interacted with, the frequency and duration of your activities, and other information about how you use our Services.
- We, as well as third parties that provide content, advertising, or other functionality on our Services, may use Technologies to automatically collect information through your use of our Services. These Technologies may include cookies, pixel tags, local storage, and others.
- We may use Technologies and other third-party tools to process analytics information on our Services. Our analytics partners include Google Analytics.
- Our Services may contain social media buttons. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Services, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly.
c) We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
MusicFlow uses your information for various purposes including to provide our Services; for administrative purposes; for marketing purposes; and for other purposes, as described below:
a) We use your information for business purposes, such as:
- Managing your information and accounts;
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
- Answering requests for customer or technical support;
- Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Services, and policy changes;
- Processing your financial information and other payment methods for products or Services purchased.
b) We use your information for various administrative purposes, such as:
- Pursuing legitimate interests;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity;
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Services;
- Improving, upgrading or enhancing our Services;
- Developing new products and Services;
- Ensuring internal quality control and safety;
- Enforcing our agreements and policies;
- Complying with our legal obligations.
c) We may use your personal information for marketing purposes, to provide you with tailored content and advertisements as permitted by applicable law.
d) We also use your information for other purposes as requested by you or as permitted by applicable law.
5. HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for a variety of business purposes, including to provide our Services and to protect us or others.
a) The categories of third parties with whom we may share your information to provide our Services are described below:
- Service providers: We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers who use that information to help us provide our Services. This includes service providers that provide us with IT support, hosting, payment processing, customer service, and related services.
- Business partners: We may share your personal information with business partners to provide you with a product or service you have requested. We may also share your personal information with business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services.
- Affiliates: We may share your personal information with our company affiliates, for administrative purposes including activities such as IT management, for them to provide services to you, or to support and supplement the Services we provide.
- Advertising partners: We may share your personal information with third-party advertising partners. These third-party advertising partners may set Technologies and other tracking tools on our Services to collect information regarding your activities and your device (e.g., your IP address, cookie identifiers, page(s) visited, location, time of day). These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other services) for purposes of delivering personalized advertisements to you when you visit digital properties within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “personalized advertising.”
Access to your personal information is restricted to authorized third parties with legitimate business reasons. The categories of third parties listed above understand the importance of keeping your information private and are expected to maintain the confidentiality of personal information at all times.
b) We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
6. YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES AND RIGHTS
a) Your Privacy Choices. The privacy choices you have about your personal information are determined by applicable law and are described below:
- Email communications: If you receive an unwanted email from us, you can use the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email to opt out of receiving future emails. Note that you will continue to receive transaction-related emails regarding products or Services you have requested. We may also send you certain non-promotional communications regarding us and our Services, and you will not be able to opt out of those communications (e.g., communications regarding our Services or updates to our Terms and Conditions or this Policy).
- “Do Not Track”: Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honour DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
- Cookies and interest-based advertising: You may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. However, if you adjust your preferences, our Services may not work properly. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, you may opt out of personalized advertisements on some mobile applications by following the instructions for Android, iOS and others.
The online advertising industry also provides resources from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, the European Digital Advertising Alliance, and the Digital Advertising Alliance.
Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device.
b) Your Privacy Rights. In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
- access personal information about you, including: (i) confirming whether we are processing your personal information; (ii) obtaining access to or a copy of your personal information;
- request correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated;
- request deletion, anonymization or blocking of your personal information when processing is based on your consent or when processing is unnecessary, excessive or non-compliant;
- request restriction of or object to our processing of your personal information;
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information. If you refrain from providing personal information or withdraw your consent to processing, some features of our Service may not be available;
- request a portable copy of your personal information;
- be informed about third parties with which your personal information has been shared; and
- request the review of decisions taken exclusively based on automated processing if that could affect data subject rights.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
7. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We, at MusicFlow, take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. Unfortunately, no system is 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we do not accept liability for unauthorized disclosure.
By using our Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Services. If we learn of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our Services, by mail or by sending an email to you.
8. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
All information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including, but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We endeavour to safeguard your information consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
9. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store the personal information we collect as described in this Policy for as long as you use our Services or as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected, including to provide our Services, resolve disputes, establish legal defences, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements, and comply with applicable laws.
10. SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR INTERNATIONAL USERS
a) California Residents
MusicFlow is required under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) to provide certain information to California residents about how we collect, use, and share their Personal Information, and about the rights and choices California residents may have concerning their Personal Information. For purposes of this section, “Personal Information” has the meaning provided in the CCPA.
California consumers have the following rights under the CCPA with respect to their personal information. Please understand, however, that these rights are not absolute, and we may decline requests as permitted under applicable law.
- **Right to request access:** You may submit a request for us to disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected, used, or disclosed about you in the past 12 months.
- **Right to request deletion:** You may submit a request so that we delete the personal information that we have about you.
- **Right to opt out of the sale of personal information:** You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information.
- **Right not to receive discriminatory treatment:** You have the right to exercise the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA without discriminatory treatment.
You may submit a request to access or delete your personal information by contacting us at the email address set out below in this Policy.
b) European Union Residents
MusicFlow is required under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) to provide certain information to European Union data subjects about how we collect, use, and share their personal information, and about the rights and choices European Union residents may have concerning their personal information. For purposes of this section, “personal information” has the meaning provided in the GDPR.
EU data subjects have the following rights under the GDPR with respect to their personal information. Please understand, however, that these rights are not absolute, and we may decline requests as permitted under applicable law.
To make a data request, you can elect to contact us at the email address set out below in this Policy.
c) Nevada Residents
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt out of the sale of certain personal information to third parties who intend to license or sell that personal information. You can exercise this right by contacting us as set forth below with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account.
11. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES/APPLICATIONS
The Services may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Services. These third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Providing personal information to third-party websites or applications is at your own risk.
12. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or this Policy, or to exercise your rights as detailed in this Policy, please contact us at: